This sumptuous custard pie highlights eggnog’s warm, spicy flavors.
- 1 pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup whiskey, bourbon or brandy
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1-2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated if possible
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until combined. Try not to beat too much air into the mixture. Add salt and vanilla and blend.
- Combine alcohol, milk, cream and nutmeg to make a quick eggnog. Stir eggnog mixture into egg/sugar mixture and set aside.
- Roll out pie dough and form it into a 9” pie pan.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust. Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes. Then turn the oven down to 325°F and bake until the custard is set, about 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely at room temperature. Then either serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and some freshly grated nutmeg, if desired.
This dessert begs to be served as a sweet finale to a holiday meal with family and friends.
Calories: 231, Fat: 13 g, Cholesterol: 188 mg, Sodium: 103 mg, Carbohydrate: 24 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 8 g
Recipe from www.strongertogether.coop