Bring-A-Bag is back and has gone digital! Common Market’s Bring-a-Bag for Change Program encourages shoppers to reuse bags and reduce waste by offering a 5¢ charitable donation for each reusable bag used at checkout. This program is a win-win—it keeps single-use bags out of the waste stream and gives back to organizations in the community.
Each quarter we select four non-profits to support through this program. These non-profits represent the categories of Children & Families, Environmental Protection, Animal Welfare, and Community. At the end of the quarter, donations are combined with 1% of sales from a chosen day, then a check is mailed to each non-profit. Through our new digital donation process, your contribution will be divided evenly between the four local charities.
Below are the selected non-profits for this quarter:
Saved 2,432,882 bags from the waste stream and donated $180,672 to local charities!
- Showing Up For Racial Justice-
- Potomac Conservancy-
- I Believe in Me-
- Animal Welfare League of Frederick County-
While the Bring-A-Bag program was paused due to Corona Virus, Common Market donated $1,120 worth of non-perishable goods to the Frederick Health Hospital Staff to support their tireless work keeping us safe and healthy!
- Student Homelessness Initiative Partnership -$1,509.85
- Future Harvest -$1,456.75
- Baltimore Animal Rescue & Care Shelter -$1,899.60
- Daybreak Adult Day Services -$1,318.30
- Red Wiggler Community Farm – $2,108.57
- Children of Incarcerated Parents Partnership – $2,247.84
- Woman to Woman Mentoring – $2,196.63
- Frederick Friends of our County Animal Shelter – $2,587.88
- Frederick Mental Health Association – $1,242.12
- Maryland Pesticide Education Network – $1,298.94
- Tails of Hope – $1,357.98
- Blessings in a Backpack – $1,303.28
- Heartly House – $1,203.36
- Seed of Life Nurseries – $1,172.38
- 4-H Therapeutic Riding – $1,174.12
- Hospice of Frederick – 1,311.05