Look at this! Would ya just look at it? 😜
This delicious, easy breezy, summer breakfast is great for summer mornings (flavors and spices can easily be adapted for winter mornings as well).
Just throw the ingredients together, pop it in the fridge, and enjoy it in the morning!
This is a great meal for kids to prepare and a way to integrate some simple knife skills (cutting fruit) and science! Kids might also get a kick out of how chia seeds transform with liquids.
If you use flax seeds, be sure to grind them up for easier absorption!
You could jazz up the overnight oat base above with some of the flavor combinations below:
- Apple Pie: diced apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger powder, walnuts.
- Blueberry Crumble: fresh or frozen blueberries, vanilla extract, ground flax seed, pecans, pinch of salt.
- Banana Bread: sliced or mashed bananas, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla extract, almond butter, pecans or walnuts.
- Grasshopper: mint extract, mini chocolate chips, a little spirulina for color and nutrition boost!
- Peanut Butter Banana: mashed bananas, peanut butter, ground flax seed, dash of cinnamon.
- Very Berry: fresh or frozen berries, vanilla yogurt, chia seeds, dash of cinnamon.
- Coconut Cacao: coconut chips or flakes, cacao, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds for garnish.
- Pumpkin Pie: pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla extract, sliced almonds for garnish.
The possibilities are truly endless– happy exploring!