Enjoy this simple chantilly crème, a French classic that can be added to many cakes and pastries.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or scrape the inside of a single vanilla bean)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Add ice and water to a large mixing bowl.
- Place a medium sized bowl inside the large bowl. Add cream and vanilla extract. Using a whisk or hand mixer, start beating the cream and then add confectioner’s sugar. Whip until the mixture holds a stiff peak.
Serve with fresh berries, fruit tarts, berry pies or chocolate cake and brownies.
Recipe from www.strongertogether.coop