1 hour; 15 minutes active
This classic, easy pumpkin pie is one you’ll want to make over and over again.
- 1 3/4 cups (or 1 15-oz can) pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-inch homemade pie crust or prepared pie crust
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except pie crust and optional whipped cream and beat until smooth.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 400⁰F for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350⁰F and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2-3 hours before slicing. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if using.
230 calories, 9 g. fat, 90 mg. cholesterol, 260 mg. sodium, 32 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 6 g. protein
Recipe from www.strongertogether.coop