Prime rib is a premier cut of steak. As such, it deserves a premier seasoning. Our Perfect Prime Rib Rub is the perfect choice for seasoning your next prime rib, whether it’s for a special celebration or a regular weekday meal. Serve this with a creamy or fresh horseradish for an extra kick.
What you need:
- 1 jar Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsps. fresh chopped garlic
- 5 Tbsp. water
What to do:
- Mix all together and rub on prime rib roast. Let sit for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- One hour before cooking, remove from fridge and set on counter.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and put roast in pan on rack uncovered. Put water in bottom of pan until reaches rack.
- Put in oven for 45 minutes, then reduce heat to 250. DO NOT open oven door. Cook for 2 more hours uncovered.
- After the 2 hours, remove roast from oven and let rest for 15-20 minutes. Use drippings in bottom of the pan and any leftover rub for au jus.