- 1 large onion
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 package of frozen okra, thawed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 TBSP flour
- 2 Cups diced turkey or rotisserie chicken
- 1 Cup raw shrimp (optional)
- 1 cup diced cooked spicy sausage (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce)cans diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 TBSP cajun seasoning
- cook rice
- In large deep skillet, heat olive oil
- Add onion, celery, peppers, okra (if desired) and saute for 2 minutes
- Add garlic and saute another 2 minutes
- Add flour to vegetable-oil mixture and stir.
- Continue stirring until flour turns brown.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, broth, bay leaves and seasoning.
- Shrimp or sausage can be added now if desired.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice