Perk up your summertime meal with festive, colorful salad.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz. mixed greens
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella balls, small
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- In a cup, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Place the mixed greens in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle the mozzarella balls, strawberries and blueberries on top of the greens. Drizzle the dressing mixture over the salad and sprinkle with almonds. Toss the ingredients together and serve.
This colorful salad could be the star of any summertime meal, but it also makes the perfect side to grilled pork, chicken or salmon. Consider a tomato-basil bruschetta appetizer or slice of angel food cake for dessert—both of which go well with the balsamic in the salad.
250 calories, 14 g. fat, 20 mg. cholesterol, 210 mg. sodium, 20 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 13 g. protein
Recipe from www.welcometothetable.coop