This quick and easy aromatic stew is rich in flavor and perfect for crisp fall and winter days.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, diced
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2-2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (12-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 medium red potatoes, washed and diced
- 1 large butternut or acorn squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large (4 1/2-quart) pot, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil. Add chicken and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add curry powder, cumin, and cinnamon. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock, coconut milk, potatoes, squash, and tomatoes to the pot. Bring to a boil, stirring slowly.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes and squash are just fork tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Serve with a rice or a hearty bread and green salad.
288 calories, 5g. fat, 61 mg. cholesterol, 484 mg. sodium, 20 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 21 g. protein
Recipe from www.strongertogether.coop