Brighten up your summer meal with this fresh and tasty corn on the cob recipe.
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove. While waiting for the water to boil, blend together the butter, fresh cilantro and cumin in a bowl or food processor. Add the lime juice and mix until incorporated, and set aside. Place ears of corn in boiling water, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until kernels are bright yellow and just tender. Remove from the heat and drain.
- Spread the seasoned butter on hot corn, dust with chili powder and salt if desired, and serve immediately. Wrap any leftover butter in plastic wrap or waxed paper.
This versatile seasoned butter is also delicious on grilled tuna steaks, chicken breast, or toasted baguette slices.
181 calories, 6 g. fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 29 mg. sodium, 32 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 6 g. protein
Recipe from: https://www.welcometothetable.coop