- 4 cups diced cantaloupe
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large lime, zest and juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to mix, and taste for balance. Add sugar to taste if the cantaloupe is very tart or bland. Store, tightly covered, for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
For a taste of summer, savor this sweet, tangy salsa atop fish tacos and simple grilled chicken, or scoop it with your favorite tortilla chips for a snack.
80 calories, 2.5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 220 mg. sodium, 15 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 2 g. protein
Recipe from: https://www.welcometothetable.coop