A delicious and hearty breakfast or brunch!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked corned beef (1/2 pound), chopped
- 3 cups cooked potatoes, cubed (Shortcut: use frozen potatoes)
- 1/2 cup cooked chorizo, casings removed, chopped
- 4 eggs (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat butter in a large (14-inch) cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook a few minutes, until translucent.
- Mix in the chopped corned beef, chorizo and potatoes. Stir and spread evenly over the pan. Turn heat to medium low and press down on the hash mixture with a spatula.
- Shake, but don’t stir, the hash mixture. Let it brown like a giant potato pancake, being careful not to burn the butter.
- Once browned, use the spatula to flip over sections in the pan so they can brown on the other side, pressing down with the spatula as needed. (Add more butter to the pan if the hash is sticking.)
- Continue to cook in this manner until the hash is nicely browned and looks lightly crisped.
- Remove from heat, stir in some freshly chopped parsley. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper, and salt to taste.
Per Serving: 247 calories, 19g fat, 70mg cholesterol, 3g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 16g protein, 169mg sodium
Recipe from www.strongertogether.coop