- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons red miso
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 bunch kale (10 ounces), finely sliced across the leaf
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk the tahini, miso, ginger, honey or agave, rice vinegar and salt.
- Place the thinly sliced kale in the bowl and drizzle over half of the dressing. If you prefer, skip the massaging step and proceed with the recipe. Or, toss and massage the kale for two minutes, squeezing handfuls of the sliced greens. It should soften and shrink down to four cups. Place the massaged kale in a serving bowl or bowls, and top with the red cabbage, carrots, and drizzle on the remaining dressing.
- Top with the almonds and serve. Can be refrigerated for up to three days.
286 calories, 17 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 461 mg. sodium, 29 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 10 g. protein
Recipe from www.welcometothetable.coop