1 hour, 20 minutes; 20 minutes active
Fragrant fall pears meet the irresistible flavor of chocolate in this easy and delicious pear dessert. Dust the top with a little powdered sugar, slice and serve!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled pears, about 2 small
- Powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9x3-inch square baking pan, reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine, crushing any lumps of brown sugar with your fingers.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs lightly, then add the yogurt, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth. Quickly stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture, and just as it comes together, stir in the pears. Spread in the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on a rack before dusting with powdered sugar and cutting into 16 squares. Once the cake is completely cooled, it can be tightly wrapped and refrigerated for up to a week.
190 calories, 8 g. fat, 25 mg. cholesterol, 160 mg. sodium, 28 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 3 g. protein
Recipe from www.strongertogether.coop