This easy, side dish features bright color and flavor and comes together in minutes. It’s also a great make ahead dish.
- 1/2 bunch Tuscan kale
- 8 large Brussels sprouts
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Tear the leaves of the kale away from the stems. Roll up the stacked leaves, and slice thinly crosswise. Slice Brussels sprouts crosswise thinly. Slice red cabbage in half, and then cut crosswise into thin slices to make three cups. Shred the carrot, and combine all the veggies in a large bowl.
- In a cup, combine the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Whisk together, then pour over the veggies. Add the dried cranberries, and toss to mix.
This bright, delicious dish makes a fine addition to any Thanksgiving menu. The sturdy kale, cabbage and Brussels sprouts make it a great side to your potluck repertoire, too.
Recipe from www.strongertogether.coop