The Common Market Co-op is the destination of choice in the Frederick, MD area for high quality, health foods, with an emphasis on locally-grown and regionally produced organic and ecologically sound products. It also is a financially sustainable operation that supports and yields economic, social, and environmental returns to its members and the community, and works to engage consumers in higher levels of participation in the cooperative. We work to increase the Co-op’s market position to bring the benefits of the cooperative model to more people. We are currently renovating a second store building to expand our ability to deliver local and organic food.
We are looking for a leader to be responsible for the successful overall management and operation of the Common Market Food Co-op in accordance with its core mission and values. The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors that is elected by the cooperative’s members. As the General Manager is the main link between the Board and the Co-op Staff, effective teamwork with both groups is essential to success.
- 5+ years of experience in retail grocery management
- Experience managing financial statements and projections
- Experience managing multiple stores.
- Experience managing a top-level management team and staff.
- Previous experience creating and developing effective procedural standards.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent certificate.
- 2+ years of experience working with a Board of Directors
What you should LOVE to do:
- Identify, hire, and train employees to become excellent team members and leaders.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Grow sales and control costs.
- Merchandising and selling.
- Be an integral part of your local community.
- Be committed to the Co-operative principles.
- Work cooperatively with a strong management team and the Board of Directors.
How to apply
All interested applicants should send their resume and interest to Brett Myers at: firstname.lastname@example.org