The Common Market is composed on every level of members of the local community. In alignment with its values as a co-op, it not only takes pride in offering fair and equitable compensation, but views it as essential. Please find outlined the company’s offerings:
- Industry-competitive wages
- Employee Quarterly Incentive Program
- 20% employee discount on all products purchased at the Common Market.
- Access to a charge account which allows advance pay for purchases made at the Common Market up to $125 (full-time staff) or $62.50 (part-time staff) /week
- PTO payout options
- Access to pay advance options thrice yearly
- Retirement plan options
Leave Options – After 90 days of employment
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is a general pool of leave to be used on a discretionary basis (pending manager approval) by the employee for vacation, personal days, and sick leave. It is accrued based on hours worked and tenure. Full-time staff earn approximately the following leave:
- First year: 12 days
- Second – fourth years: 17 days per year
- Fifth+ years: 22 days per year
- As many as 240 accumulated unused PTO hours may roll into the next year.
- Holiday Pay is received by eligible staff for holidays recognized by the Common Market. Staff receive pay for the number of hours of their average shifts for these days. Additionally, staff who work holidays the store is open receive pay for those hours worked at a rate of 1.5 times their standard pay. Recognized holidays are:
- New Year’s Day
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Bereavement leave is provided to those employees who experience the loss of someone of a qualifying relation. Three days of paid leave are assigned. An additional two days of PTO may be applied without the standard two-week notice requirement under this policy for staff traveling more than 150 miles on account of the family loss.
- Jury Duty leave is provided for staff who are called to perform this civic duty. The employee may receive 1 week of full pay and a second week of half pay.
- For Birthday leave, each employee is provided an extra day of leave to be taken in the month of his/her birthday.
Health & Wellness Benefits
- Access to 70% (full-time staff) or 50% (part-time staff) employer-paid health and dental insurance
- Access to employee-paid vision insurance
- Access to employee-paid auxiliary insurance
- A workplace culture of respect, growth, and well-being
- Access to employer-paid Employee Assistance Program, including counseling services and travel assistance
- Access to discounted, subsidized gym membership
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance after one year of employment
- 100% employer-paid accidental death & dismemberment insurance after one year of employment
- 100% employer-paid life insurance after one year of employment
- Eligibility to receive employee-paid long-term disability insurance after one year of employment