We work hard to find local experts to share their knowledge with our community. We offer lectures, hands-on workshops, and cooking classes. We hope you’ll join us for a class in the Community Room.
Go ahead and sign up by clicking on one of the scheduled events below.
Attend 5 classes and get one free! See how here.
These seminars are provided as an educational opportunity for our community. The ideas expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Common Market, our Owners, or employees.
• Payment is required at registration.
• Full refunds will be given for classes that Common Market cancels. Individuals who wish to cancel their registration for classes must contact the Co-op Service Desk with 48 hours’ notice to receive a full refund. No refunds will be given for cancellations made less than 48 hours of a class.
• All classes must have a minimum of 6 students signed up 48 hours in advance for the class to take place. If there are less than 6 students registered, each student will be called and informed of the cancelation.
• Children are welcome in the Community Room so long as the material of the class is age appropriate for the child and a seat has been paid for. We kindly ask that parents excuse themselves from the room if their children become disruptive. Children 1 year or younger are welcome free of charge. If you are planning on bringing a stroller, please notify us ahead of time for space accommodations.
• Late arrivals are disruptive to the instructor and other students. The classroom is open at least 15 minutes before each class. Anyone arriving more than 10 minutes late will, unfortunately, be counted as a no-show and that seat may be given to another student. Students arriving 20 minutes late will not be allowed to enter the class unless they have notified the Service Desk by a phone call.
• Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
• ASL interpreting may be provided upon request. Send ASL interpreting request to firstname.lastname@example.org no fewer than 7 days prior to the desired class.
To reserve the Community Room for your Community Group please fill out the form located here and send it to our Education Specialist. email@example.com
Interested in teaching at class at the Common Market? Just fill out our Class Proposal Form. Please note that Common Market classes are largely demonstration-style, not participatory classes, except where noted otherwise. Please email our Education & Owner Services Manager for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
See where your Co-op will be and what our Community Partners are up to in the calendar below!