- This event has passed.
Fruit Tree Grafting [CANCELED]
March 24 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm$65.00
Almost all the fruits and nuts we eat these days come from grafted trees. Join us in learning the magic of grafting and basic fruit tree care. During the workshop you will create your own grafted apple tree through hands-on grafting and take your new union home. Also we will cover re-grafting older trees, and grafting tricks that allow grafting ornamental and wild trees to bear tasty fruits. We shall also inadvertently talk about fruit trees in the food forest model. Pruning and general tree health care covered. Not a workshop to be missed!
Principle designer/founder of Ecologia and author of Edible Landscaping with a Permaculture Twist Michael Judd is a well-known and enjoyed speaker, noted for enthusiastic and clear presentations on a host of subjects surrounding edible and ecological landscapes.
Directions to Judd homestead – 8955 Indian Springs Rd, Frederick
From The Common Market:
- Go south on Buckeystown Pike (Rt. 85)
- Merge onto I-270 N toward US-15
- Take exit 14 for Rosemont Ave
- Turn right at Rosemont Ave going west away from downtown
- Rosemont becomes Yellow Springs Rd
- Turn left at stop sign onto Indian Springs Rd (about 4.6 miles from Rosemont exit)
- Look for Brook Hill Church on your right
- First mail box on right is 8955 Indian Springs Rd (look for a large sign that says JUDD)
- Their gravel lane is on the left opposite the mailbox between two rows of evergreens. Turn left onto lane and follow back 1/8 mile. The Judd house is the only one back there.Basically, the lane is opposite the church and if you go too far past, turn around and use the church as the landmark.
- This event will be held rain or shine. This is an outdoor activity; please dress appropriately (e.g. hat, sun block, rain gear, etc.)
- Please bring with you any food & drinks that you require.
On the day of the class, you can reach Alecks at 301-418-8248