The Common Market integrates its values into every aspect of business, and we have standards for the products we permit to be sold in the store: foods must be free of artificial dyes, preservatives, and flavorings, and humans and animals in the production process must be treated ethically and humanely. In addition to these standards, each department has specific standards, so customers can be knowledgeable and feel empowered about the products they purchase.
Meat & Seafood:
- Animals must be treated humanely, including having environments conducive to good health and wellbeing.
- Animals must be fed an exclusively vegetarian diet free of chemical additives.
- Animal living environment must be free of chemicals
- Animals must never have been given additional or artificial antibiotics, hormones, or parasiticides.
- Animals must be transported in a way that minimizes stress.
- Seafood follows the Seafood Watch Program.
- USDA certified organic
- FairTrade (when accessible)
- Organic grains, flours, olive oil, beans, vegetables, and fruits.
- No artificial coloring, flavors, or preservatives.
- Large variety of local ingredients (as available).
- Meat & Seafood follow the above Meat & Seafood department guidelines.
- Organic, ethically wildcrafted, fair trade botanical ingredients.
- Sustainably-sourced raw materials