Skip to content
- 2 pounds (about 2 large) Eggplants
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 tspn Salt
- Pre Heat oven to 350.
- Wash eggplants and using a fork, puncture the skin of the eggplant in several places. This allows some moisture to escape during baking.
- Place the eggplant in the oven on a sheet pan and bake until very soft and collapsing. About 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Using a spoon, scrape the flesh of the eggplant away from the skin and allow to drain in a colander for 15-20 minutes. This will keep the baba ghanouj from becoming to runny.
- Add eggplant, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. If the mixture is not smooth and needs additional moisture, slowly drizzle olive oil until desired texture is achieved.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.Serves 4-6