Skip to content
- 2 fillets of fresh trout
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°. Rinse and pat dry the trout fillets. Coat a baking dish with 1 Tbs of olive oil.
- Set out 3 shallow dishes. Combine the almonds, cheese, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in one dish.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in another dish. Pour the flour in the third dish.
- Dredge the trout fillets first in the flour, then dip them in the egg mixture. Finally, dredge them in the almond mixture, pressing the mixture in with your fingers.
- Place in the baking dish and drizzle the remaining oil on top. Put it in the oven and cook 10-15 minutes, or to desired doneness (the fish is cooked when the meat flakes when probed with a fork but is still moist.) I take it out when a meat thermometer reads 130°. The fish will continue to cook for several minutes after removed from the oven.
- Allow the fish to set for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with lemon juice and serve alone or with tartar sauce.