People make a co-op, from our owners, to our shoppers, to our community members, to our staff. We eagerly seek talented, upbeat, principled people to bring on board. If your interests are in good people and good food, then working at the Common Market might be for you. Learn about food, health, and co-ops, and join a team of like-minded people. Interested? Please check out our current job openings below.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- 20% employee discount on all products purchased at the Common Market
- Employee Quarterly Incentive Program
- 70% (Full-time staff) or 50% (part-time staff) employer-paid Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Retirement plan options
- Employee charge accounts
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid bereavement and jury duty leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted, subsidized gym membership
- Discounted auto servicing
- A workplace culture of respect, growth, and wellbeing
After One Year of Employment
- 100% employer-paid Short-Term Disability insurance
- 100% employer-paid Life insurance
- 100% employer-paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Long-Term Disability insurance
We are locally owned and operated with a spirit that thrives in the tough, competitive retail world. We continue to grow, expanding and providing increasing opportunities to our staff. The Common Market is operated by over 100 dedicated employees who are outgoing, helpful, team-spirited, and welcoming. Our staff embody our values of fostering community, building relationships, aiding people and animals in need, being cognizant stewards of the environment, and exercising respect and responsibility in their lifestyles. Common Market employees happily guide customers and community members with knowledgeable, helpful, friendly attitudes. The local co-op boasts an exceptional staff with years of experience and a deep wealth of knowledge. Many employees started as cashiers, stockers, and baristas and earned leadership positions throughout the co-op. It’s dedication, pride, and commitment to a community, its ideals, and the daily work that makes it grow that characterizes a Common Market employee.
At the Common Market, we own it.
Please note that applicants will be prompted during the application process to submit a resume. If you do not have a resume, please make use of this template.
We are located at 5728 Buckeystown Pike, Unit B-1, Frederick, and are open daily 8am – 10pm. If you have any questions, please contact our HR department at HR@commonmarket.coop or at (301) 663-3416.