Election Board Letter
It’s time to vote for your Board of Directors! The 2022 election is officially opening at 8 AM on Friday, August 26. We are again working with Simply Voting as the independent third party to run our digital election. Check your email in-box, or if we don’t have an email address, your mail box, for the election website address as well as your individual election ID number and PIN.
Please read the voting instructions and rules thoroughly, and vote for up to seven candidates. We really want all votes to be counted, so be sure to complete this ballot by the deadline of 11:59 PM September 16, 2022, and follow all instructions.
The next opportunity to meet the Candidates will take place Saturday, August 27, 2022 from 11 AM – 12 PM on Zoom – click for meeting link Board Candidate Meet & Greet.
We will be holding a virtual Annual Meeting this year on October 1, 2022 where you can meet the Board of Directors – including the newly elected folks, hear their report on finances, and ask any questions. Stay tuned for details.
Yours in cooperation,
The Common Market Board of Directors
Megan Schneebaum, Mary McKelvie, Juan Ducos, John Clarke,
John Beutler, Joe Eastwood, Armando Martinez, Alecks Moss, Toby Schermerhorn
The Board of Directors is comprised of nine co-op Owners who are elected by our wonderful Owners and serve three-year terms. This year we have 11 candidates running for seven open seats on the Board. Please read the candidates’ statements carefully. Be sure to choose seven candidates or fewer and cast only one vote per candidate.
The Common Market Board has had five Directors appointed since the last election due to Directors voluntarily stepping down mid-term. According to our Bylaws, each Director must be elected by the Owners. This is why you’ll see seven incumbents running in the 2022 election. Each elected candidate will fill up to a 3-year term, or the remaining number of years allocated to their seat. Details on incumbent terms can be found here: Board of Directors | Common Market
Click here to preview all 11 candidates running for this year’s Board of Directors Election.
- Must be an Owner “in good standing.” To be in good standing, you must be current in your equity payments. Should you wish to make a payment in order to participate in the election, we would be happy to accommodate.
- Vote must be by the Owner of Record. The Owner of Record is the person to whom the account belongs.
- One Owner=One Vote. The Owner of Record may submit only one completed ballot.
- Online Voting will take place through our secure, online portal by Simply Voting and you will be prompted to enter your “Elector ID” and “PIN” found in your email or physical letter mailed to you. You may also vote in-store, with or without assistance from Owner Services, provided that you bring your unique PIN number with you. Common Market employees will not have a list of PIN numbers, Simply Voting will be the only party with access.
- Physical Ballots will be available only if you are unable to vote electronically at home or in-store. Please contact Owner Services Coordinator, Mac Kio, to receive a ballot and early deadline information. 301-663-3416 x 110 or email@example.com.
Results Coming Soon!
Contact Owner Services at 301-663-3416 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org